It’s been a while since I’ve posted, so I wanted to make sure that this post was a good one. One of the best things about coming into a new year is that the books we’ve been waiting ages for are finally released. There are so many great books to choose from, so I did my best to keep it short!
Books I’m looking forward to in 2016:
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge
- I read two of her other books and absolutely loved her retelling of stories that we’ve already heard. This new book is based the story of Romeo and Juliet, but with a twist that will create a new and exciting plot line.
- Date: September 27, 2016
- Read more: http://www.rosamundhodge.net/bright-smoke-cold-fire
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- This is the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses. One of the most exciting books that I read in 2015, I was devastated when I learned that I had to wait a year before I could find out what happened next. The world that Sarah Maas created is beautiful and dangerous. Warning: these books will consume your life as soon as you open the cover. I am anxiously awaiting the sequel.
- Date: May 3, 2016
- Read more: http://sarahjmaas.com
- As Death Draws Near by Anna Lee Huber
- I recently found this series of books and I absolutely fell in love with Lady Darby. The series of books are called the Lady Darby Mysteries and the book coming out is the fifth book. They are set in 183o’s, making them lovely historical mysteries. The first book is set eighteen months after losing her husband. She is coming to grips with the abuse that she suffered from his hand and trying to figure out her place in the world now. Lady Darby is fiercely loyal to her family, not afraid to be different in a society that rejects the abnormal, extremely intelligent, and not afraid to speak her mind. This series has everything: a strong woman coming into her own, a love interest, and murder.
- Date: July 5, 2016
- Read more: http://www.annaleehuber.com/books.php
Until next time!